Material-UI is an incredible library with great documentation and ever-growing online resources. I’ve written 200+ articles on Material-UI, and yet I still find new features and run across new challenges regularly. A dedicated video training course can reduce the learning curve for any new library, especially one as robust as Material-UI.
I now have my MUI own course on Udemy! I focus on advanced component styling, nested selectors, when to use sx, styled API, or theme, and so much more! I will include a review of my own course below, or take a look for yourself: Advanced Material-UI Component Styling: The Complete Course.
COURSE COUPON: CLEVER-1.
My course includes an active Q&A section.
Udemy often runs sales, and I include price-check button. If you purchase my course, it supports my site and I really appreciate it!
Advanced Material-UI Component Styling: The Complete Course
NEW as of September 2022!!!
- Active Q&A with ME!
- Good audio quality
- Learn to build an app from beginning to end
- No course goes deeper on component styling
- Use and style the most challenging MUI components
- And MORE!
- Expert level content but includes Beginner and Intermediate app building
- Low base price (relative to many Udemy courses): $39.99
- I opted in to Udemy Deals program (The course might go on sale)
- My first course ever! I will continue to improve it and add content. You get lifetime access.
MUI Content Discussed: AppBar, Drawer, Buttons, Icons, React-Router Links (integration with MUI), Form components, TextField, Autocomplete, Select, DatePicker, DataGrid, Table, Grid.
Good-to-know: Download the “Basic” app at the beginning of the course or the completed “Beautiful” app at the start of the advanced content. Lots of over-the-should screen-share.
Pre-reqs: Basic React knowledge.
“What You’ll Learn” on the course homepage:
- Uses MUI v5
- Learn how to style ANY Material-UI component
- Understand when to use sx, styled API, or theme
- Explore how MUI components render as DOM elements
- Create advanced nested selectors using the default classes that render with MUI components
- Control the width and height of rows, cells, columns, and child components in the MUI Table, Data Grid, Grid, and more
- Customize the spacing (padding AND margin) for every component, especially the Grid, Stack, and Box
- Design perfect alignment with flex and flex properties
- Deeply understand every MUI form component, plus the Grid, Table, and Data Grid
- Build a Material-UI app from scratch
4 thoughts on “The Best Material UI (Version 5) Course on Udemy”
The course “Implement High Fidelity Designs with Material-UI and ReactJS” seems to be using version 4 of Material UI; is that correct? It sounds like a good course, but why should I spend my time learning v4? Do you know if the author is going to update the course to work with v5?
Hi John, good question. I see that Zachary, the course creator, updated the course last month. I’ll confirm with him that the course now includes MUI v5. Even if it doesn’t, it’s still a good value. The primary change from v4 to v5 is the styling system, and you can read more about those changes in this post: The Ultimate Guide to the MUI ‘sx’ Prop
***Update: I spoke to the course creator and he said he is planning on updating the Udemy course with MUI V5 content by March 2022.
***Update 2 (September 2022): The course still has a note that says to install Material-UI v4 instead of v5. Check out my course, which uses MUI v5.
Hey I am planning to go through “Implement High Fidelity Designs with Material-UI and ReactJS”. but I have one question is this course contains the updated version of mui5?
The course creator added a note to his course in that says to install Material-UI v4 instead of v5. He has not removed this note as of September 2022. I am unsure if his course is on v4 or v5. My course uses MUI v5.